Tandoori Fish

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I had plans of making this dish on Monday. Problem was I was going out on Sunday and wouldn’t be back until Monday evening which wouldn’t leave me much time for marinating the fish to make it ready for dinner. So I marinated the fish on Sunday before I left without the lemon juice as keeping the fish in the lemon juice for a long time would disintegrate it. After I came back I added the lemon juice and marinated it for 30 minutes. Worked out well.
Ingredients:
Sea bass steak – 1 lb
Grated ginger – 1 tbsp
Garlic cloves – 2-3 (minced)
Lemon – 1 (juiced)
Curry powder – 1tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Salt & pepper – to taste
Olive Oil

Procedure:
In a nonreactive mixing bowl mix together ginger, garlic, curry powder, red chili powder and 2 tbsp of olive oil.

Season the fish with salt and pepper and then put it in the marinade.

Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes add the lemon juice and marinate for another 30 minutes.

Meanwhile preheat oven to 400F.

Arrange the fish on an oven proof dish and drizzle oil on top.

Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, turning the fish after 15 minutes.

Next, set the oven to broil and broil on high until the edges are charred to your liking (8-10 minutes approx in my oven). Watch the fish carefully as it might burn very easily while broiling.

Serve hot with pickled onions and lemon wedges.

For pickled onions, soak onion slices in vinegar for an hour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment