Orange and Fennel Salad

Monday, March 29, 2010


The original recipe used onions but the idea of onions and oranges didn’t appeal to me. So I omitted it. It’s an ‘interesting’ dish as my family members said. I don’t know what to think. Guess I liked it but wouldn’t go for it in the near future. Maybe a hint of mint will be nice.

Ingredients:
Oranges – 2
Fennel bulb – ½ (thinly sliced)
Olives – 10-12 (thinly sliced)
Red chili – 1 (thinly sliced)
Spanish extra virgin olive oil – 1 tbsp

Procedure:
Zest the oranges and reserve in a bowl.

Now cut the orange into segments over a bowl to catch the juices. Thinly slice the segments and put in a bowl.

To the orange slices add the fennel.

To the reserved orange juice add olive oil and whisk. Drizzle over the oranges.

Sprinkle the olive slices, the red chili and the zest on top and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment