Mango Pie

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I had a pie crust lying in the freezer for almost a month, so I decided to make use of it. And to help me make the pie were a pack of frozen mangoes and a container of mascarpone cheese. Typically mascarpone is not used, but I decided to give it a shot and I have to say it didn’t disappoint me J

Ingredients:
Store bought Pie crust –1
Frozen mangoes – 1 packet (thawed)
Mascarpone cheese – 8 oz
Sugar – 1 tbsp (more if you want it sweeter)
Gelatin – 1 packet

Procedure:
Bake the pie crust according to the directions on the package.

In a blender puree the thawed mangoes.

In a large bowl beat the sugar and mascarpone cheese until fluffy.

Dissolve the gelatin according to directions on the package. When the gelatin is ready, add to the pureed mango and mix well. Now add the mascarpone mixture, mix well and pour on the pie crust.

Let the pie set in the fridge for 3-4 hours.

You can garnish with fresh sliced mangoes and/or whipped cream.

0 comments:

Post a Comment