Deviled Eggs

Thursday, July 1, 2010


Deviled eggs has long been on my to-do list. I've seen quite a few versions of the dish on the Food Network and other magazines. Finally I found the perfect opportunity to try my version when a few friends dropped in for the Brazil-Ivory Coast match and some light brunch.
Ingredients:
Hard-boiled eggs - 7
Grated Manchego or Gruyere Cheese - 3 tbsp
Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp
Finely chopped celery - 2 tbsp
Salt & Pepper

Procedure
Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the yolks into a bowl.

Mash the yolks with a fork until smooth. Add the cheese, mayonnaise, celery, salt and pepper.

Spoon the filling into the egg white halves and serve.

Note: you can make the filling in advance and assemble the dish before your guests arrive.
Btw, add some chives for the color and the mild oniony flavor. I wanted to add some but couldn't find any in the store that day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment