Chicken Meatloaf

Friday, November 13, 2009

I was armed with all the ingredients for making fried chicken balls and later putting them in gravy. I started out that way but when the time came for frying I just felt lazy. So I dumped the entire mixture into the oven and out came a baked chicken meatloaf!

Ingredients:
Ground chicken – 1 lb
Carrot -- 1
Bell pepper -- 1
Scallions – a bunch
Garlic – 2 cloves
Ginger – 2 inch
Egg -- 1
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – 1tbsp
Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsp
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Bread crumbs – 1 tbsp
Salt and pepper – to taste

Procedure:

Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking tray with foil and keep aside.

Finely chop the carrot, bell pepper and scallions, ginger and garlic. I use a food processor. (I add the carrots and bell pepper to make it a little healthy.)

In a large bowl put the ground chicken. Add all the chopped vegetables and the rest of the ingredients.

Season with salt and pepper.

Mix all the ingredients until all of them are incorporated into the meat. I use my hands, but you can use a fork.

Now arrange the mixture into any shape you please in the foil lined tray. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 45 minutes.

Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes.

Cut into bite size pieces and serve as an appetizer.

You can use any leftover as a sandwich filling. Tastes yummy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment